Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Today, like any other day, i had to force myself to slow down. Having a day that is quiet, all to myself is rare always, so of course my  crazy brain wants to fill it....laundry, cleaning, do!do!do!
I actually DID have to prepare a bit for the 4th grade  art class at the little elementary school here in Monserrath. I have painted with the 5th and 6th grades and 4th is next. Slowly I am trying to introduce the idea of slowing down and taking time to create, so if I can't do this, how can I teach it? So anyway, after a 30 minute prep time, i did pause...i started back on some unfinished oil paintings. I finished a painting in inks for a friend. And as I listened to classical music, i felt myself breathe..... and slow down. And hear and see and smell my day.
Art continues to reveal to me the great mystery of God...
   



He Leads me Beside Still Waters....for Reyna
             a new heart begun....
The 5th graders at Escuelita Monserrath! So happy that I was able to inspire them!

No comments: