Friday, June 10, 2016

Calm, Calm, the storms always moves on…

To say that life is full is a massive understatement. We have more things to do than hours in a day. Between  work , family and friends  the stresses of life…our own inabilities to really see God’s hand ….i often think my first question to God will be…why? Why only 24 hours to deal with life? Why only our weak souls?

I also have noticed 2 distinct things about myself and really everyone else. In the hustle and rush, WE are storms…the more we have to do and the more pressure that builds in us, the more cloudy and dangerous we become.
We are like the earthquakes that hit last night and continue today….Fierce, harsh, continuing to rumble and shake until all the energy is out.
Released into the air.

The problem is what happens to those around us. Just like the storms and the quakes, damage is left behind. Trees and hearts down. Souls and buildings crumbled.

It is awful being the storm.
It is awful being caught in a storm not of your own making.

It always passes. Calm returns…remembering this is hardest in the middle of the storms. As the thunder roles and the earth rolls…I fear.
After I wonder why?


Some questions will have to be answered later I guess. God in His time. And I will continue to seek the eye. The Calm in the storm.

No comments: